Saturday 18 April 2015

A gentle reminder

In less than 24 hours I will have started the Manchester Marathon. The next stage in my journey. Marathon number 6. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was only at number 1.  They are coming and going really fast. Having only completed the Brighton Marathon last Sunday, I am really worried how my body is going to cope with another marathon so soon.  I have to remind myself why I am doing all of this.  The children in this picture are pupil's in the special needs school that I work in. Sense come in to the school and work with the children who have visual and hearing impairments. These children light up my life.  Seeing their little faces everyday remind me of how lucky we all are! How dare I complain about anything. I can walk, I can see, I can hear where lots of children and adults can't. Knowing that every penny I am raising can help support and improve their lives makes me want to run thousands of miles.  So tomorrow is all about them, and for the rest of this challenge. So Manchester may be tough tomorrow. It may hurt, actually it WILL hurt a lot, but I will stand tall, smile and run my heart out.  I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment