Thursday 14 May 2015

Life after the London Marathon

The London Marathon almost feels like a distant memory now.  April was a crazy whirlwind of a month! I can hardly believe I did it. I ran 3 marathons in 15 days!  I know what it is like when you run a marathon and straight after you hit a massive come down.  So imagine what it is like when you have completed 3. I have certainly come back down to earth with one MASSIVE bang.  Usually when I have completed a marathon, I pick myself up by either entering another race, or focusing my mind on another challenge.  With 8 marathons still to go, I still have half of the challenge ahead of me.  Yet completing the London Marathon blindfolded seems like such a huge accomplishment in itself, I am finding it hard getting my head back in the game. I have massively under estimated how hard this challenge would be.  Of course I knew it was going to be difficult, but I never realised the impact it would have on my life. It is a full time commitment. It's on my mind all the time. My next race, training, fundraising, my charity, blogging, social media and recovering from blisters and aches and pains. 

Recovery

Physically, I seemed to have recovered really well from April's madness.  I was worried that I would be plagued with injuries.  I have been very lucky so far.  I have suffered from a few monster blisters but that's about it.  Mentally, however it has been extremely tough.  Just when I think I know what the word exhausted means, I am taken to a whole new level.  This is making little naughty negative thoughts pop into my head. I am strong enough to not allow them to beat me. I am finding it hard to start training again. My body just seems to want rest so I have to let it have it. Last thing I need to happen is I burn out. I still have a lot of marathons ahead. I just hope that I am going to be fighting fit for marathon number 8, which is at the end of May. It will make the half way point.  What a journey so far it has been. I am looking forward to seeing what happens over the last 7. Most importantly, The Giants Head Marathon, which I am crapping myself over! Well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

                           Please sponsor me at by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment