Sunday 11 January 2015

Battersea 10k


I wasn't full of enthusiasm for this race. Mainly because I was still in a grump about the terrible 10k I had done on New Years Day!  Needless to say, I got up bright and early, and made my way to Battersea Park. I really needed this to be a better race for me, as I needed to get some race confidence back, in time for the Vikings Coastal Marathon.



It was a super freezing cold morning.  I arrived to the race village a little too early. They were still putting it all together!! Sadly there was nowhere warm to stand as it was a public park.  Thank god I have learnt my lessons from the past and layered up!! Though I was starting to worry about having to take off the layers!

The race was 4 laps of the park. No big deal. Not usually a fan of laps, but it was a lovely park, and very flat.  Just told myself to shut up and get on with it.  Not an awful lot more to report on this really. I completed it faster than the Serpentine 10k, which I was over the moon about. Finished it at 01:12:57 where as Serpentine I did a disgraceful 01:17:28.  So a huge improvement, a much happier Kerry, on and a fantastic medal!!! Totally makes up for the poor no medal show from New Years Day.


Thank you runthrough A lovely little race, which I will return to in the future sometime.








        Please sponsor me at by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment